Thursday, August 03, 2006

Just Blog it!

Writing is like a catharsis to me or that’s what I rediscovered this morning. This morning on my way to office I was actually writing a letter in my mental writing pad. Just like the many others I wrote…

While admiring the flaming bright blossoms of Gulmohur from the kitchen window, while reading an explicit scene in ‘Love in the time of Cholera’ or while I was furious over my daughter, Maana for something and she was glaring back at me defiantly folding her hands and I had begun to melt in motherly love….. So many letters, smses and emails, of love, content, anger, agony, anxiety, surprise, displeasure and many such hundred and three (donno why that number, I think it just signifies countless) emotions caught in my breath, stuck in my mind, choking me… I don’t know how to extricate these feelings but I can only try.

Do you know what happens when you think things and don’t write them down? You hold back yourself from giving flight to that precious winged thought that has appeared out of nowhere, deny it an existence it rightfully deserves. And in its stead, you keep it flitting mercilessly in the depths of your memory or to quote Anne of Green Gables- ‘In the depths of despair!’ While the simplest thing you could have done was to pin it by its wings and trap it between the blank lines of your diary or better still your blog.

According to me, technology is still not good enough, it has to yet devise a way to redirect my winged thoughts to a vast repository or ideally to the respective person's Inbox!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home